Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
baby

Monday, March 3, 2008

First Stages of Remodeling Our First Home!

Left side of the house. The gray part was where the brick chimney once was until my Daddy took it down all by himself.
Front of house. This was after the original porch had been take off. The wood on the porch was still good so of course my Daddy kept that. Matt is here studying the house.
Right side of the house.

This is the brick Daddy actually saved from the Chimney because this was the good, old brick with no holes! And later he had the idea of making steps inside the den with these actual bricks! I will post pics of the steps later!


Ok, I think its time I start all over again on our house! You need to follow the process from beginning to end! Matt & I will be renting out the house in front of my house now and right next to Mr. John's Place (this will help on cooking!). We both like the idea of renting only from my parents, if it were someone else we probably would have not done it.

So of course, the house is like 100 years old and I think everyone that has ever lived in New Hope has lived in this house or so that's what everyone tells me! Anyways, it needs some work or in other words: "it needs some work for me to live in it!" Well, what at first was going to just be a painting job and throw a few rugs here and there turned out to be totally something different!

I am going to try to post something different each day about the house from the day we started remodeling up to the day we move in so you will be caught up on what's going on in our lives!


0 comments: